Monday, October 19, 2009

To Think!


Here is the beginning of a series of works I am developing based on the brain. The notion that our minds are working a mile a minute, constantly going over lists, images and other thoughts from the day is something to contemplate. We are persistently using this organ of ours and I wanted to illustrate how this process is affecting our minds by making collages and paintings of the dreams that enter and stay in our heads. In a way it is dissecting daydreams and putting them into a visual form like surrealism but without the gore and sexual overtones! Don't get me wrong, I love surrealism but I wanted to explore a more fantasmical (yes i just made that word up!) side to it all! These works are more of an escape from reality than a philosophical look into this world. Enjoy! Look forward to an upcoming post about New Orleans. I swear it will occur fasting than you think!
With Love,
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment