Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"I wish I were the moon tonight"




"The Evolution of Discovery"
By Jennifer S.
November 2009
Paper Collage

This is one of my newest works titled "The Evolution of Discovery." To me, it is based on my own self reflection at this point in my life and debating the vital aspects (both negative and positive) of who I am as an individual. It is about thinking and answering the important and simple question of "Who am I?" I realize that this is something that I won't figure out overnight but I am enjoying the process. Within the collage, I have attempted to use images that reflect the difficulties and joys of this adventure. There is confusion, fear, warmth, curiosity, science, mythicism and of course, humor involved. Everyone needs laughter to survive!

Now onto the amazing, Neko Case! Neko has one of those poignant voices that enters your heart and soul and moves you till tears are running down your face. Whether those tears are of joy or sorrow depends on the song of course. But all week long, I have been playing on repeat "I wish I were the moon" off of her album Blacklisted. It elicits a tone of loneliness that is felt through the simple melody, intense lyrics and of course, Neko's strong voice. I can't help but be moved by this short song. I am posting a link to a live version of this gem and I truly hope that you all see how amazing this singer is.

Alright Everyone, off to make some homemade pumpkin pie! Happy Turkey day one and all!

2 comments: