Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Time Baby!

Wow, how much I love Fall (or autumn if you prefer)! The smell, the colors of the leaves changing, the chill in the air, the fresh produce that comes into the supermarket! Well that final one has really gave me inspiration to cook. I have always enjoyed Butternut Squash soup so I decided to conquer it on the stove. The golden yellow of butternut squash is just a beautiful joy. I don't care what people say, but colors provide happiness in life. They brighten up your day literally!

Just take a look at this squash chopped up! Gorgeous darlings! Anywho the recipe I used was rather simple and included the squash, 1 onion, chicken stock, some nutmeg, salt, pepper and just a little butter! I was surprised that cream wasn't used and that is took less than 1 hour to make! You can have this and a salad and be satisfied for hours! Try making it for Thanksgiving since it is a great way to celebrate the Fall!

Here is the final product. Almost all gone! And I will leave you a lovely photo of the pomegranate I picked up. Talk about a sweet and beautiful snack! Cheers and have a great Thanksgiving One and All!

Peace and Love,
Jenny

1 comment:

  1. Perfect recipe for you. Happy birthday.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/20/health/nutrition/20recipehealth.html

    ReplyDelete